Friday 19 June 2015

Beauty | MAC Fix+ Review!


15.50

A lightweight, mineral rich finishing mist that refreshes the skin and finishes makeup. Helps create an even surface for a smooth makeup application. Same Fix + formula with upgraded packaging.

(Taken from maccosmetics.co.uk)


I know recently MAC have had some bad press due to some bad customer service people have received at their counters, but you can't deny it, their products are pretty awesome!

For the past few weeks i've been trying out Fix+, which can be used not only to prep your skin but also to set your make-up!

I decided to put it to the ultimate test. A 12 hour day, sat in a hospital waiting room with dodgy air conditioning, while doing coursework, and stressing about being starving...




 This is how I started the day. 6am, Barely there make-up with eyeline, mascara, and of course some eyebrow pencil. 
 I needed this make-up to last me all day, because who wants to reapply make-up at a hospital?

On the face;

~ MAC studio fix liquid and power foundation
~ MUA Bronzed Perfection in Shade 1
~ Soap and Glory Brow Archery in Brownie Points
~ Maybelline gel liner in Dark Brown
~ L`Oreal Miss Manga Mascara in Black

This is my go-to look for everyday, nothing too over the top, that I can do in about 15minutes before work.

Now I was dubious, because i've tried setting sprays before, and they don't last very long, but this one, I was pretty impressed with.

I do a light spray before applying my make up and it helped it go on a lot smoother, I think I use half the amount of liquid foundation than I usually would, and I felt like my powders blended a lot easier when contouring.

Then once I'd finished, another light spray, and you're good to go!

Those of you that have been in a hospital waiting room for long periods of time know that you vary from being too warm, to too cold. You find yourself leaning in positions that aren't even comfortable, fighting to keep your eyes open. You're rubbing your eyes to try and stay awake, leaning on your face, massaging your temples, if there's any place your make-up just wont last, it's here.  And this is how I came out...


Now the picture is really bad quality, and the dark circles are begining to creep through, but after 12 hours, the spots are still covered, eyebrows still intact, and only the tiniest smudge of eyeliner has creeped across my face. Not bad right?


Definitely got the Scissorhands stamp of approval!

No comments:

Post a Comment